Friday, October 21, 2011

MUET Speaking (Request Akhi Dr. Wawan)

Sekali-sekala, seronok mengembara alam semesta.
Salaam all. How's life been? Gahh. Today I wanna share to you about my first experience taking MUET <ini bukan atas dasar syok sendiri, tahu. Ada permintaan. Seriously>. Akhi, I hope you're reading this and be my witness. I have fulfilled you wish.

First time

Believe it or not, it's my very first experience taking MUET. Some of my senior classmates, or should I say, OLDER classmates have taken theirs during matriculation/university/whatsoever. But then, as MUET certificate expires after five years, they need to re-take it. Sodih!

Anyhow, for me:- it's something I have no experience with. I'm still a suckling in education profession, and by that, it is fair for you to justify how clumsy and erratic I am in certain things, that regard to this. The last time I took test as such was on 2009, conducted by our beautiful English teacher, Miss Diana Theresa Otigil, in short; Miss D. I got quite a low mark and that is pathetic. Gahh.

Preparation

If you ask me about my preparation before walking into the test room, ask no more. I hate myself, I rarely spend time to do linguistic exercises, though knowing that mine language level is below mediocre. Huhuu-- typical Yassin and his lame-shits of unconsciousness.

A week before the test, I did have several exercises with my friends. I was quite passive, merely listened to what they said. Like I have stated before in many previous posts, I am more to listening than speaking. I guess, that's what hold my tongue back, every time people ask about something. So often did the cat got my tongue. UGH. Hate cats.

There were so many topics that had been put forward as our subject of argument. These friends; these guys, the way they interact constantly reminded of my fellow in MRSM two years ago. Well, they <my colleagues are certainly irreplaceable,  but one thing is sure; they all want me to go on <how did I- ahh, *wiping tears*>

So, the day came ...

Sun was yet to ablaze, and I had already finish my routine in break of dawn; praying, bathing, taking breakfast and doing light exercise <I wanna get rid of this lemaxx!>. I calmed myself down, stabilizing my breath so in the hall, I won't have any unnecessary anxiety. And surprisingly, i worked! <By Allah's permission, obviously>.

One thing that I wanna tell you <those who are yet to take MUET>, is, pray. Seriously, it helsp like hell. Again, LIKE HELL! When you have no power or feel too weak to overcoe something that is of your obligations, remember God. This is my secret <heck. I talked like Dr. H.M. Tuah Iskandar>

We were the last session, and I was put into the first group that was being called upon. I trembled a bit, that's natural, but managed to keep myself intact. Two examiners were sitting with curve-ups on their faces. We felt very much, welcomed and invited. And so, that helped us to get through the ordeal faster and smoother. Our question was:
'What profession deserves higher salary?'
a. Football player <I wonder why didn't they call it 'footballer'>
b. Singer
c. Nurse
d. Policeman
I was Candidate B, and seeing Candidate A and his fluency in voicing his ideas, words and wisdom I shrunk on the chair. Everyone looked massive and stern, and gazing me with those fiery eyes <well, hyperbole much??>. Gahahahh-- sorry, I lied.

Actually, they were supremely courteous, warm and contented. They; all of 'em; the invigilators, candidates and even lizards on the ceiling acted beautifully. Task B was a breeze, but Task A? Gahh. That's the only word that I could say. 

Is it hard or the opposite?

These are my friends ... but still, you're above them, akhi.
Frankly ... it's easy-peasy. I tried to be as critical and as interactive as I could, but just couldn't do that well <at least I talked, like, endlessly?? Agagaga>. Singer was the hardest premise, I tell you. I- ...I was- like- .. humm ... I sucked. My last point was significantly irrational and incoherent to the topic
"My third reason is, because singers <OMG, I said 'artists' on the real test. Just realized it. Ohhh!!!> is ironically a risky job. I mean, they have to face a lot of scandals and controversies, and for that, I think they deserve more ..."
Ahohoho KASK.

YATTA!!!  

Finally, after those twenty agonizing minutes, I made my way out of the hall and directly jumped on my bed. Snoring, snoring like a baby ... <heh, sleepyhead :P>. Yup... that has gotta be me.

Wawan, this is all I can offer you. Thanks for requesting, and next up: I'll be telling the story about us in MRSM. you know ... TF1, FF17 stuff. Just wait, wouldya?

6 comments:

zudien said...

I look matured in that pic...ngeeeee

Mohd Ikhwan WaoNe said...

YASSIN! I hope I didn't put such a great burden on your shoulders whilst writing (or even thinking back) bout this!

it's just like... yknow what, I'm kinda have these green eyes (envy much? lol) knowing the fact that you hv the opportunity to enter the hall, take your seat, face the invigilators, and speak in front of them (who are darn so expert, I mean it's their job, right? so they have the right to observe and give the marks you deserve to get)

never did I experience it, so, yeah. (except in MRSM hahahaha)

reading this makes me feel I'm one of the candidates. lol

Thanks btw :') and I'm looking forward for those upcoming entries! :P

Pencabar Samudra said...

Nope. It's my pleasure to fulfill yours *pelaburan jugak neh. Kalau kau bukak klinik sendiri, bolahlah harga kawan-kawan ... you know what I mean. Hehe*

Yahh ... masa kita buat test Listening tu bhaa, *di dewan kuliah, BTW* pecah neh suara speaker. Habis banyak ndakdapat jawab

NadJoliey said...

Nice ADJECTIVE(S).

Gahh.

BTW, honestly, sy la paling begagar tym jawab hari tuh. N speaking test kali nih, x selancar speaking test d matrik dulu. Serius. Band 3 pun bersyukur suda neh.

Mohd Ikhwan WaoNe said...

please bring all those memories when you enter in my personal clinic (Amin, hopefully I may have one!) for FOC. >_< hehehe~

Pencabar Samudra said...

Zudien: Ya. Kamu matang.

NadJoliey: Thanks ... but what I was really hoping is that, you've gained something from it

Mohd Ikhwan: Akhi, I will. Masa kau tengah bor gigi saya, saya ceritakan satu-persatu semuanya. :)