Saturday, October 29, 2011

Fighting My Own Definition

Salaam and good night 

I'd say; let us kick start my very attempt of shifting sides <out of many to come> by doing a little bit of reflection, or, more like a warm-up about my life a few years back. Now, I'm not going to tell each second with full details, merely I'll try to extract the lessons, preferably; the main points out of it. So here we go

As a human, we should measure our richness via our effort and not other's luxury

It always happen to me when I ponder long upon myself and all the absences that I posses. Not that I am ungrateful, it's just, sometimes, the urge of having a fine -- if not dainty -- life is too strong to be waded. I cry, at times whence seeing my friends having their life with fine clothing and glossy, stylish shoes. Me? A two years old T-shirt, a humongous pant and big rubber slipper <which costed me RM6.00> or a worn-out shoes are my daily fancy.

Glancing on my table, there's no hi-tech gizmos and gadgetry, no half a grand earphone, no printer; nothing. But a netbook which I got as a free additional package upon TM-Net installation. I have quite a phone, but still, looks old and plain and way out-of-date. So archaic and I guess, if I could somehow give it to a curator, he would put in the museum LOL.

But wait! To what did I compare myself to? 

This question; this is what has always keep an eye to my every life expectation. Every time I failed to fully understand God's Justice, this question will unerringly yet, in ironical sense; unfailingly answer. I always in the end of the day, admit that all these hardships happen because I failed to be grateful and be who I should be OR because of the fact that I have no exact effort to change it into a much nobler level.

God never failed and never get anything wrong. 

Looking up again, I know I missed something that God designed me to understand and discover. So as I was destined to turn Islam, I found that, richness is mirage and thus subjective to judgment, abstract to appreciation. I would then curse myself of being too judgmental and comparative in life. And sooner, I'll learn  the real meaning of the saying, who has eaten of the pot knows the taste of the broth.

Nobody should be nobody. 

No comments: