Friday, August 26, 2011

Concern

Salaam.

One more day, before this nightmare ends (!?). Yes guys, I will be going back tomorrow to my homeland, Tawau. I have been missing it very much, and I hope the plane that I board in will arrive there; safe and sound. Last year, I celebrated Eid without family because of some inevitable predicaments of which I prefer not to tell you guys.

Life in Kuala Lumpur differs so much than in Tawau. The social atmosphere, the people, the foods; even the air are vividly distinguishable. The hectic life of Kuala Lumpur and its suffocating smokes and dusts are not anywhere near to Tawau's air quality. All hails the un-modernization in Sabah!

Being an amateur social observer, I can see that there is this similarity between Tawau and Kuala Lumpur. I mean, the freedom and the gravitas of the social ties itself. In you go strolling down the downtown of Tawau, you will never have the chance to not looking young people wasting their time rubbing each others' arms and telling their beloveds their pathetic routines. It is a global sight, I guess.

This is what I am worrying about ( I am not too young to not worry). Teenagers here are getting evermore wilder in terms of their lifestyle. Life in Tawau a decade ago was so much better. No social infringements happened in public. Even if their did, their can be classified as isolated cases. It saddened me to see youths having nowhere else to go but to the shopping malls, being perverts of  different sex as young as Standard Six. About three months ago, an ustaz allegedly caught two UPSRians of different sexes having their- of course, illegal- intercourse near the football field. I am asking, what happened?

No one seems to know the answer and none even- for the least- have the consciousness to advice them that such acts are wrong. They are free to go as they will; you know, this is 20th century, man!



^P/S: I know not if this ill can ever be healed. It has become so critical right now. 

No comments: